Gratitude Challenge Day 2
I was challenged to write 5 things I am grateful for and why, each day for one week. Sharing my lists. What are you grateful for?
1. I am grateful for the strength of my body. I've maintained a 200+ weight for over a decade now and I am now committed to exercising and eating well. My body is stronger and more capable than I thought and we're working together to achieve a healthy body weight.
2. I am grateful for dog walks in the morning. My dog is 16 years old and you never know when a walk will be your last one together. She wants to go to the park more often and I have to make extra time before work so we can have our park time together as much as possible.
3. I am grateful for journals and notepads to write down my story ideas and inspiration wherever I go. If I don't get my ideas down on paper right away I tend to forget them so having portable note-taking abilities is a blessing for me.
4. I am grateful to the person who invented earphones/headphones as my boyfriend and I are on two different work schedules and I need to be able to listen to things while he's sleeping. They are such a (literally) tiny convenience that is often overlooked.
5. I am grateful for a roof over my head and a working heater. It may not be winter cold yet but the nights are pretty chill and having a heater available to keep me warm is amazing. I know many people don't have working heat this winter and I am very grateful having it when I need it and I'm grateful for the ability to pay the heating bill as well.
Leave a Reply.
My Gratitude Journey
April 15, 2017 - until I feel amazing and decide this is no longer necessary